Who we are
Our website address is: https://cranbornechaselidar.org.uk.
In order to register for an account and gain access to the data and content on this site, you must agree that you will adhere to the following criteria:
- I undertake to conduct myself responsibly and with respect to others in regard to any language used or comments made on this website
- I will not reproduce or publish images (including both printed work and social media) derived from the lidar data and historic maps without acknowledging the relevant copyright holders: Cranborne Chase LiDAR data © Cranborne Chase AONB, visualised by PTS Consultancy; Second Edition Ordnance Survey maps © National Library of Scotland
- I understand that the extract of the Historic Environment Record remains copyright of Dorset Council, Hampshire County Council and Wiltshire Council respectively and is not to be used for commercial purposes or as an alternative to contacting the HERs directly on planning matters.
- I will not use the data on this website for commercial purposes
- I will not trespass on private land without express permission from the landowner(s) as part of any investigation or activity based on the data contained in this website
- I will adhere to the Countryside Code when investigating any sites in the field (e.g. leaving gates and property as they are found, ensuring crops are not damaged, not disturbing wildlife, etc)
- I will not undertake metal-detecting, excavation or survey on any sites without express permission and consent from the landowner(s) and any other relevant organisation where prior consent and licenses are needed (Note that any Scheduled Ancient Monument, Ministry of Defence property or Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) has strict regulations in particular and requires written consent from the relevant statutory authorities in addition to the landowner for potential fieldwork)
Any questions regarding the use of this data, including requests for commercial purposes, should be directed to the Chase and Chalke Project Team.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Statement
The information you provide when you register with the Cranborne Chase Lidar Portal will be used to provide you with updates. This information will only be maintained for the duration of the project. You can change your mind at any time by contacting the Chase and Chalke Project Team and asking to be removed and de-registered from the website. We will treat your information with respect.
By registering, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.